What are Blueprints
The KAP Human Capital Management Process Blueprints were established as a foundation for the KAP Divisions to comply with the KAP Group Governing Policies, Legislation and Best Practice Methodologies. This will in return eliminate the risk factors that divisions face on a daily basis and also aid in unified Group Level Reporting requirements.
In a typical Blueprint the Division can expect to have the following elements:
- A brief explanation of the Blueprint at hand.
- A process flow that will visually illustrate the technical steps a user must follow to complete the task.
- A technical specification page that will illustrate the requirements for each Blueprint that needs to be in place to comply with the full process.
- The actual process:
- Inputs – What is required in terms of resources, knowledge, governing requirements for the user to complete the process.
- Tasks – A detailed step-by-step guide for the user to follow the Blueprint.
- Outputs – The expected outcomes once all of the steps have been completed.
- In addition to the above, Blueprints will also have full interaction with any:
- Group Level Policies
- Sample Policies
- Work Instructions
- Sample Templates
Refer to Policies & Supporting Documentation for more information on the above.