The Screenings Blueprint illustrates the process that is followed to successfully perform any background and competency screenings that are required for the final candidate selection process.
Once the final-short list has been created, the list needs to be sent to the HR department to perform all required background and competency screenings. Screenings are to be performed on all candidates on the short-list, and the HR Department is not required to obtain any consent from the candidates as this would have been done during the application phase. If consent was not obtained during the Application Phase, the HR Department should ensure the candidate signs a consent form to proceed with screenings checks.
Once all background and competency screenings have been conducted, a candidate selection meeting is scheduled whereby all screening results and interview recordings are to be reviewed to make a final candidate selection.
All unsuccessful candidates are notified in writing.
Transparency & Communication
Knowledge & Skills
Legislation & Governance
Templates, Forms, Guides and Work Instructions
Inputs are all of the Elements deemed necessary to complete the process successfully.
- Final Short-list.
- Signed Application Form which provides consent.
- Screening Results
- Scheduled Candidate Selection Meeting
- Workplace Risk Assessment
- Selected Candidate
Once the final-short list has been created, the list needs to be sent to the HR department to perform and/ or ensure all required screenings are conducted and confirm that consent is in place. Screenings are to be performed on all candidates on the short-list, and the HR Department is not required to obtain any consent from the candidates as this has been done during the application phase.
Mandatory Screening checks
- KAP Group Previous Employment History.
- Previous Employment Reference checks (minimum of 2 checks).
- Personal Identification Verification.
- Driver’s license verification. (Mandatory for all employees operating a company vehicle or is required to travel and make use of vehicle rental services).
- Criminal Record Checks (can only be done via electronic fingerprint scans – no manual enquires are allowed)
- Academic Qualifications (Checks are only to be performed that are specifically required for the position applied for).
- Practical Job Assessment (Mandatory for all employee operating company vehicles, machinery or Equipment).
- Medical Evaluation (Pre-employment, Annual & Exit Medicals are mandatory for all employees who are employed in positions whereby the risk analysis done for the operation by the Health and Safety Teams indicate the requirement for a medical evaluation).
- Psychometric Testing for all Top and Senior Managemenet Positions(Global Grading Employees Grade 16 – 25).
Please note that in cases where Employment Agencies or Labour Broker are used, the mandatory checks should be performed by the service provider and should form part of the standard Service Level Agreement.
Optional Screening checks
- Letter of recommendation from current Line Manager (Internal Candidates only).
- Current CCMA Cases Report.
- ITC Report (All Financial Related Positions).
All results are to be recorded and stored by HR department for a minimum of one year. For candidates that have been appointed, screenings results should be stored on employee electronic personal files indefinitely.
Once all screening checks have been performed, the HR Department is to schedule a Candidate Selection meeting with the Interview Panel. During the Candidate Selection Meeting, all of the interview recordings as well as the screenings results need to be evaluated to determine the most suitable candidate for the position.
Once the successful candidate has been selected and accepted the offer, The HR Department needs to notify all other unsuccessful candidates.