Employment Equity – Awareness
Embarking on employment equity compliance, education is key. Ensuring that all employees are aware of the purpose of these initiatives is vital. Creating awareness is managed through many different approaches including but not limited to:
- The display of the “Summary of the Act” should be visible to all employees at places of work.
- Information on the Overview, Purpose and Progress of Employment Equity to be circulated via Notice Boards, Awareness Campaigns, Training Sessions and Newsletters.
- Awareness and Training Initiatives encompasses Diversity Management Programmes.
Transparency & Communication
Knowledge & Skills
Legislation & Governance
Templates, Forms, Guides and Work Instructions
Inputs are all of the Elements deemed necessary to complete the process successfully.
- Employment Equity Act
Tasks are the Step-by-Step Actions to be taken to complete the Process.
- Posters of Employment Equity Summary of Act
- Signed Training Registers
Before embarking on employment equity compliance, education is key. Ensuring that all employees are aware of the purpose of Employment Equity. Creating awareness is managed through many different approaches including but not limited to:
Display of Posters
- The display of Employment Equity posters “Summary of the Act” as well as the Skills Development Act. The posters need to be displayed in all branches/warehouses/factories/sites.
- Notices placed on all notice boards on the Overview, Purpose and Progress of Employment Equity.
- Awareness sessions are held to explain what employment equity is, how it’s being implemented, the steps to compliance and the involvement of employees. Answering questions around employment equity or addressing any concerns around the topic and/or process is vital to ensure buy-in. Sessions should also include Training sessions on the outline of the act and the responsibility of the employer as well as reporting back on progress made against the set EE Plan.
- Attendance Registers must be signed by all participants and captured on the PSIber 2.0 system. The attendance register is to be uploaded on the employee’s electronic file.
- Training may be conducted by either the HR Department, Training Department or elected service provider (vetted in terms of requirements)
- It is encouraged that annual refresher training sessions be conducted.
- Newsletters can be communicated to all employees on the overview, purpose and progress of employment equity.
Frequencies of Awareness
- It is required as a Group minimum to have at least an annual awareness campaign within Divisions.
END OF PROCESS